View Single Post
Old August 15, 2012, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Saqlain starts work with Tigers

Dhaka, Aug 15 (bdnews24.com) - Top-all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan has expressed his excitement at the prospect of having 'doosra' pioneer Saqlain Mushtaq as their spin bowling coach.
"I'll try to master the art of bowling variations from Saqlain," Shakib said after the practice session on Wednesday.
On arriving in Dhaka on Tuesday Saqlain has little time as the most of the cricketers will go on Eid break after Thursday's practice session. Wasting no time Saqlain started practice session with Shakib, Abdur Razzaq and Mahmudullah Riyad on Wednesday morning.
"I want to adapt bowling variations mixing my quality with Saqlain's experience. Moreover, we'll try to learn how to snatch wins in critical situations. Though we got only four months, it's possible to grab all in a week if some have the adequate interest," Shakib added.
Saqlain was with vice-captain Mahmudullah for a period of time. Mahmudullah told after the session, "He dealt with my gripping today. I'm keen to know about 'doosra' from him and he assured me that he'll teach me that."
"Besides, I've asked him about spot bowling and bowling variations. We'll focus on these issues. We've just started and he's available for several more days. We'll learn these from him carefully," Mahmudullah added.
After the practice session engrossed Saqlain said, "Pre-condition to good work is to develop relationship. I'm trying to do so at first as if I get a good environment to work there will be no problem."
"Bangladesh is a team that depends mostly on spin and I'm feeling lucky to be a part of it. Though Bangladesh got many left-handed spinners, this won't be a problem for them as I'll work on their line, length and variation. Additionally, I'll mark their weak points in spin bowling and will try to recover quickly," Saqlain added.
bdnews24.com/anm/sd/lg/2204h

http://sport.bdnews24.com/en/newsDet...tailsid=230389