View Single Post
Old November 15, 2006, 02:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tawanda Mupariwa

yeah Zim exposed fo sho...but i think the real loss is not having Vusi in the side..i'm sure Mpofu can do us a good job in the absence Rainsford. Mpariwa is our best fast bowler but he hasnt been doing well lately because of injury. The team is full of allrounders not genuine all-rounders though but almost all of them can do a little bit of both so that will give more options to Utseyalitharan:ha: .Brandon Taylor will definetly open the batting so the Taylor-Mortaza battle is on the cards this whole series. Zim line-up will look spmething like this...

1.Taylor-----------wckt
2.Chibhabha------bat&bow
3.Masakadza------bat&bow
4.Matsikenyeri----bat&bow
5.Nkala-------------bat&bow
6.Brent-------------bat&bow
7.Sean--------------bat&bow
8.Chigumbura------bat&bow
9.Utseya------------bat&bow
10.Ireland-----------bow
11.Mpofu------------bow

I dont see any reason why Zim should complain if they loose coz despite the injury setbacks ...this squad is bad news.
Nafees and Bashar are the main batting pillars, Aftab has been inconsistent against us lately and when he does find form he gives it away in the 40s.
Ashraful is our man, Ireland will tame that out of form tiger.
I dont think Zim will have problems in the bowling but batting in the sub-continent region will prove difficult.