View Single Post
Old April 13, 2012, 08:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I'm curious to know from the friends who are in Bangladesh celebrating Bangla New year, how you have celebrated the new year or planned to. How the new year affects your life. How deep rooted the celebration goes into the social fabric of common bangladeshis. Does every one celebrate in more or less the same way? Do you like the way it's celebrated? Why and why not?

I mean every point of view can make the picture of celebration more vivid. I'm only away for 8 years though, has it gone through such massive changes as I get a picture talking to some friends??

Well, I'm not against the celebration at all, and we used celebrate too, but that was I guess limited to very few event and very few people, mainly limited to a small segment of the people in major cities.... Looks like it has gone quiet wide now... Well the expats celebrate too with some khana piƱa, get together and possibly some cultural functions...
I dont live in Bangladesh but there is always a huge mela where practically the whole population of Bangladeshis living in Sydney come out and celebrate Bangla New Year. Its good fun.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)