View Single Post
Old August 10, 2010, 09:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I really don't get what he says. Is he talking about 2 Tier in T20 or Test Cricket? As I can understand from your quoted text, that he might be talking about T20 WC. But your poll asks the same question refering michael regarding test.

Well if you want to ask, if a 2 tier system is ok or not irrespective of what Michael says; IMO YES, but it depends on yearly/bi yearly relegation/promotion system between tiers. No tier system without that can be feasible. Is it agreeing to Michael or dis agreeing?
The quoted text from a comment by a online user on an article about quickest first class match in history. The proposal was first made by Holding and I implied it to possible application for the longer version as this is what needs the utmost care of ICC at the moment. I would regret to see the person who chose option four win over everyone else who loves this version so much.

Quote:
YES, but it depends on yearly/bi yearly relegation/promotion system between tiers. No tier system without that can be feasible
If you follow the tone of my thread and my posts I was very vocal on that issue of Tiering and relegation system, now the bigger boards will not agree because of business reasons. They would not like to see their team relegated for a season which may cost millions or billions probably. But they are missing one thing, the popularity and the intensity both is getting lost due to this sheer stiffness.

This is where ICC needs to rise above all pressure and take firm decisions even against the odds of displeasin few big members.