View Single Post
Old June 21, 2010, 02:50 AM
Banned

Still all my points stand, don't they?

Bangladesh was never ready for Tests when they got it in 2000, but they got it as a result of a ridiculous power struggle. At the time India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka were in an alliance and wanted more power at the ICC and that's why they encouraged and helped Bangladesh to get Test status. Then they were left helpless on the big stage.

The point is, 'we will be good in few yeras' has been sung by many for years now. Yes I brought it up after 10 years for a reason - to show that they aren't worthy of playing at the highest level and it in general affects the level of Test cricket. Sad as it may seem, a Bangladesh tour has come down to other teams as a good opportunity for players who lost form to get back in form. It's not about if you'd win, it's a matter of when and who will win it for you, when it comes to touring nations.

As I said, stats analysis are done almost always excluding Bangladesh. Thta says a story. Bangladesh, in my opinion, need to strengthen domestic cricket, and tour other countries as A team more often. That, alongside with good balanced wickets - batting on flat tracks aren't going to help. If you bat on flat tracks and still lose what chances do you have on bowler friendly tracks.

I firmly believe that Bangladesh is still not up to Test cricket.