View Single Post
Old December 14, 2009, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Still it deserves a thread on its own. I didn't even notice it because of this obsessive compulsive disorder by some neatfreak members of taxonomically ordering each and every frickin threads.

-----------

Now, as far as the story is concerned: WHO CARES?! Let's not blow it out of proportion. A player can't even walk into a ice cream parlor without being put on the spot and being crucified next day? Only one thing matters is how one performs in the field. Damn he can talk garbage about the whole country but if he goes to the crease and yanks a century then who the hell are we to complain? So let's not judge a player by the level of his patriotic litmus. If a player can perform, then he plays. If not, then not. End of story. Period.
I agree that we should not make a big deal of it this.

I just got a little worried after reading this news, because the fans go crazy when the Bangladeshi players are playing, but a cricketer like SN does not have as much passion. I would think a cricketer has more stakes in these games, even if they are not playing because their friends are playing in the game. This kind of indifference by a player is a reflection of their selfish mindset. Moreover, when you are part of a team that represent 150 million of your fellow countrymen, passion is a necessary ingredient along with professionalism.