4. Michael Clarke (c)
5. George Bailey
6. Michael Hussey
7. Dave Hussey
8. James Pattinson
9. Ben Hilfenhaus
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Pat Cummins

Fringes: Shaun Marsh, Steve Smith, Ryan Harris, Callum Ferguson, Mitchell Johnson

I reckon Watson will be pushed down the order in the near future. I really want Ferguson in the team but i dont think the selectors will pick him.
clarke is 31, watson is 31, mike hussey is 37, dave hussey is 35, cowan is 30, harris is 32 about 33 in not to long, bailey is about to be 30, johnson will be 31 later this year.

the hussey brothers especially won't be around for much longer. when we talk future we should be looking at the 25 year olds and younger to see who has it in them to have substantially lengthy careers. most of australia's better talent is still the older brigade but even they aren't at heights of past generations i mean compare cowan to someone like langer or mike hussey, compare bailey to ponting, martyn, hodge etc they're not as good a quality and they are our better guys. thing is the younger generation seem to be following in the cowan and bailey sort of footsteps instead of the langers and pontings. not saying there aren't any talents, but there is no doubt the current generation and the next generation haven't developed to the levels of where the aussie team has been for the last 15-20 years.