View Single Post
Old February 29, 2008, 12:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Hong Kong player plays in Bangladesh Premier League

Hong Kong Cricket Association

Moner Ahmed has accepted an offer from OLD D.O.H.S. Sports Club to play in the Bangladesh Premier League 50 over competition. Moner Ahmed impressed Khalid Mahmood, former Bangladesh Test Captain and Coach of the Bangladesh National Academy, who visited HK earlier this year, by smashing 50 runs and taking 3-32 in his 10 overs in the 1st ODI game. He was the stand out performer from the Hong Kong Team.

This was not the first time Moner has impressed against a Bangladesh Team, in the Hong Kong International Sixes Moner bowled a tight over against them and gave only two runs for one wicket.

Moner Ahmed plays for Little Sai Wan Cricket Club in HKCA Sunday League and has now completed his 4 years residency in HK to be considered for Selection for the Hong Kong National Team as a Deemed National.

"It is a great opportunity for me to play professional cricket," said an excited Moner, " I hope I can perform well and get more such chances."

"Moner is a great example for young HK cricketers, " added Sohail Murshed, Chairman of HKCA International Committee, "it shows that a good performance against a professional team will get you noticed. I hope more HK players will perform and get opportunities like this in the future."

Moner will be out of HK for two months and his first game for his club team is on March 1st 2008.