View Single Post
Old July 1, 2008, 07:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Thanks Bhaya, for this interesting post and all the statistics which accompanies this analysis. I am not too keen on the Asia Cup, especially playing in that killing heat in Pakistan. What is the purpose of the Asia Cup? Also the Afro asia Cup. It is a waste of time and energy. I feel that they should all be scrapped.

Ehteshamul, you are truly a clear thinking person, you choose your words very carefully, you do not bash any one in this forum, you even respond very politely to negative thoughts about other people's posts and tries reasoning.

I agree with Rifat here when he says that: "Quote"

you truly understand that Bangladesh cricket is a gift and it should be enjoyed as such. anything great is simply a bonus and something to cherish and celebrate not criticize!
P.S. On one of the trivias during the commentator's comments, he did mention that Ashraful is the youngest player to have a test century debut in the history of the game. BD should be proud of that.
uselessly calling players names is not part of your habit because it contributed to the negative energy which bangladesh is constantly influenced by because we face challenging oppositions so often and in every match, players literally give their life just for our entertainment. i really appreciate your positivity!" End of Quote."

I am also upset at the players performance at time, but we are not the ones in the middle, e.g. yesterday's match against Sri Lanka. Those boys got hammered and devastated by Jayasuriya, running after those balls, fielding in that killing heat, that should be enough to sap physical and mental energy. I did not watch BD's batting, but I knew that they would collapse but was hoping for a score of 200.by the time, SL had finished batting BD lads were already drained of all life and was demoralized.
A clear thinking cricket enthusiast senses this and thus judges for himself. This happened in one of the test matches between Sl and England at Galle Stadium recently.
England was fielding in that hot sun and humidity whilst jAYAWARDENA was wasting time at the wicket, eventually declared, then sent in england to bat and skittled them out for less than 70 runs. Now, i dont know if our members here saw that, but that was a clear example of physical and mental exhaustion, and imagine a team like England folding in a test match for less than 100 runs.
In my heart, I sympathize with these lads, they still did well to pick up 8 wickets after getting jayasuria out and kept down the score, I thought for sure that SL will reach 400 runs.

you are definitely one of my favorite members now .

Keep up the good work of trying to bring a semblance of peace and good humour on this forum. Your posts give me a lot of insight into BD cricket.

Cheers

Allah Hafez