Thread: Not again Azhar
View Single Post
Old July 23, 2010, 01:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Default Not again Azhar

Yet another Azharuddin gaffe, when will he stop.

Quote:
Azaruddin denies 'romantic' relation with badminton player JwalaAni, ANI, 23 July 2010
New Delhi, July 23 (ANI): Former Indian cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin and Congress MP from Moradabad on Friday rubbished all rumours about his romantic relationship with the ace badminton, Jwala Gutta, by describing her as just a "good friend."
As per some media reports, Azharuddin has been dating Jwala and is on the verge of filing for divorce from his wife of 14 years Sangeeta Bijlani within a week.
During a press conference, Azaruddin termed all such reports as baseless and in bad taste.
"These reports are completely rubbish, baseless and are in bad taste. I am very hurt by all these. I know Jwala, she is a good friend of mine and to write such reports which are completely false and fabricated is disgusting," he said.
The former Indian skipper Azaruddin further said that such things are motivated by people in the Badminton Association of India, who want to tarnish his image since he tried to contest for the presidential elections last month.
"I think they should look into their homes first before casting aspersions on others and make such allegations," he said.
"Jwala is a very good player and she is a great prospect for the country. She has been doing well and will win many medals for the country in future. So I just want to request everybody to just leave her alone and not get her into this cheap controversy," Azaruddin said. (ANI)