View Single Post
Old July 5, 2019, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

My grading scale: A, B, C, D, and F. No in between:

1. Shakib Al-Hasan - A
Self explanatory

2. Tamim Iqbal - F
Completely failed as an opener and a senior player. Unable to score at a healthy strike rate. Occasionally it is OK to struggle like Warner did, but unlike Warner, he failed to hold one end and play big innings. Dropped the most crucial catch of the tournament - that of Rohit Sharma.

3. Mushfiqur Rahim - B
OK batting, bad keeping. Failed in crucial matches against IND, PAK, and WI.

4. Mahmudullah - C
Two good innings - against SA it was a winning cause, against AUS it was a losing cause. The innings' in in between were of horrible strike rate, which is not acceptable for a no 6 player at this day and age.

5. Mashrafe Mortaza - F
1 wicket in 9 matches, comical fielding. Enough said.

6. Mustafizur Rahman - C
Took many wickets but it means nothing because he (1) failed to get breakthrough in first 15 overs (2) was very expensive (3) mostly got middle and lower order wickets (4) got hit for boundaries almost every over.

7.Mehidy Miraz - B
Surpassed my expectation.

8. Saifuddin -B
Not convinced of his bowling - one loose delivery every over, expensive overall.

9. Soumya Sarkar - F
Not a single fifty out of nine innings, average of 20. He was supposed to be our X factor player, failed to deliver even one single match winning innings.

10. Liton Das - B
His match winning knock against WI was vital, puts more value to his wicket and has better brain compared to Soumya, but still has a long way to go

11. Mosaddek Hossain C
Played two useful cameos against SA and AFG, delivered some economical overs. Fielding lot to be desired. Surpassed my expectation but got C because overall he remains a bits and pieces player and not a dependable/strong finisher.

12. Mohammed Mithun - F
Not his fault that he was selected, he was a hack to begin with. Perfoamance was as obscene as his hair cut.

13. Sabbir Rahman - F
One golden duck and one innings of thirty. Another duck in Ireland series. Scored 7 runs aginst IND in the warm up match. Dropped the crucial catch of Warner. Not even deserving of F. But again, it was MP Mash who preponed his ban and got him in the team.

14. Rubel Hossain - C
His grade would have been B if Mash did not use him after 40th over.

Overall:
Batting: B
Bowling: F
Fielding F

Three Wins, two shommanjonok porajoy, two osommanjonok porajoy, one wash out.

Overall grade: F
Because target was semi and the team failed (its binary, qualify = pass, fail otherwise)

Overall reaction to team performance: VOMIT because ranked below SL and handed Haturi the laugh

I need a break from cricket.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.