View Single Post
Old March 20, 2011, 06:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avik-e-mam
I agree with all of ur ratings, except for 2.

Mahmudullah shud get a 5. he got drafted in for his bowling and batting. his bowling was decent against India. though he gave away runs at his later overs, he did choke them a bit. his bowling shud be more worked on, then it can be used more often in tests.

Shafiul shud get more. he was devastating against Holland, unluckily didnt get a wicket. this kid is strong, and can come back at any point of the game.

i agree with ur assessment of Rubel. how far he has come! he has been bowling consistently unnoticed for a long time now. hopefully, he picks up a very good haul soon and gets some credit.

I was in the bandwagon that all Rubel does is bowl fast. but I saw him in the NZ test series. (when they came a couple years back to play 2 tests and 3 ODIs, we won the first ODI) it was then I understood he bowls to a plan. he consistently bowled the same line, making it hard for the batsmen to score runs. the thing is, he still is not up to the mark for some reason, something is missing. that is exactly why he is not getting enough wickets at the top level. but he is genuinely fast, and if he continues to bowl like this, we can have a world class fast (not medium fast!) bowler!
being devastating against netherlands means very little, if you can not be devastating against top teams. shafiul needs to improve more in the opening spell.

i think mahmudullah should bowl a few overs in every ODI game, but not 10 overs. he should bowl between 20th and 35th over, i think.