View Single Post
Old October 9, 2012, 03:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
shakib has opened the door, tamim got a look in for a short bit, hopefully guys like nasir, mushy, rubel, sunny etc will get that opportunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Point is very good. But if the other players keep proving time and time again that they are crap players and Shakib is way way ahead of them, that scares overseas recruiters to recruit them.

These guys have to prove their worth by their own performances with the national team, Shakib has paved the way, but can't pull their performance up.
Are you kidding me when you say nasir, mushy, rubel and sunny are proving time and time again that they are crap players? Even though i like Mushy, id admit that he is inconsistent and from that he can related to a certain extent as 'crap'. But Rubel is the definition of an improving player and he is the one that we can be worth something with since our other pace bowlers are utter crap (except Mash & Nazmul). Nasir has just recently got is international career up and running and seems to be doing a fine job imo atm.

Sunny has been good since his debut and it seems like he will be a longstay in the international scene. So my definition of 'crap' are players that have actually played bad time and time again. I dont think you can say that for Nasir, Rubel or Elias.

My definition of crap players in the BD team
1. Shafiul Islam
2. Abul Hasan
3. Shahadat Hossain
4. Mushfiqur Rahim (to a certain extent because of his inconsistency)
5. Mahmudullah (definitely in T20s and sometimes in ODI's as well)
6. Nazimuddin (only in ODIs)

Cant think of anyone else atm that can be classified into this category. Anyone can add onto the list it if they like.