Thread: 5 years time
View Single Post
Old June 17, 2012, 03:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I have not read any posts in this thread asides form the OP, and I think this is a really interesting thread. I want to post my thoughts and then see how many people agree with what I've stated (esp BC elders).

Where will we be in 5 years, teamwise? I think the best way to answer that question is to take a hypothetical year and analyze it. 5 years from now, the FTP could well be modified. I would hope that we play 8 Tests per year (some 3 Test series), 20 ODIs (14 or so against the G8/F9 teams), and 8 T20Is.

I think we should hope to realistically win 2-3 Tests per year, draw another 2-3, and lose the rest. I think our overseas record will be the rare odd draw, and the rest being loses, with the occaisional innings defeat. I would be satisfied, and call me a pessimist, but in the current backdrop, I would be excited about a team of this caliber.

I think we will be able to win 10-12 ODIs per year out of 20. We should win more than we lose at home against the G8/F9 and win 5/6 against the likes of Zimbabwe and the Associates in all venues. Overseas wins against top sides will remain sparse.

In T20Is, we will probably continue to suck. We will probably win just 1-2 per year out of 8 unless we learn from the BPL.

#OneTeam1Dream