View Single Post
Old June 24, 2002, 04:19 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Comments on the BCB domestic plans

Love the six team format. Me and Raana bhai have often talked about it and good to see that BCB isn't as useless as we started to think they are.

We did have a slightly different idea. Raana bhai (Rajputro) wants a national League with six-eight of the Dhaka teams (Msc - Abahani - Biman etc) while I wanted to get the best of both where the top 2-4 District sides will face off against the giants of Dhaka league. There will be a second division/tier to give the other districts and some of the other dhaka teams a chance to qualify. It could get complicated through BCB but I am sure that it can be done.

Another thought from raana bhai is to give the district sides club previliges where they can hire good players from other districts. Some very good players (from Dhaka) had to miss the National league while ankora players from Barisal and Khulna continually kept the quality down.

The three day meet in October - Great idea to bring in a foriegn team but I'd like to see them as the sixth team in place of Young Pegasus.

The challenger trophy - Following the Indian and Aussies can't hurt. We needed to do this long before.