View Single Post
Old April 1, 2012, 02:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufism
Those who want to know what Holly Quran say about Homosexuality, please wait for Rifat or someone else off knowledge to provide you with appropriate quotes. Until then please refrain from passing on your "views" of what you think Islam preaches. You are not doing justice to yourself and others who are reading it. Why can't we stay quiet when we know that we have little or no knowledge about something, particularly religion.
You are assuming I have little or no knowledge about the matter just because I may not agree with mainstream views of Islamic perceptions of homosexuality?

Quote:
But for the last one the answer is simple- "leave it".. If you can't accept Islam wholeheartedly then leave it.. Allah/God/Bhogoban?Nature won't stop you to breath the air or eat the fruits or drink the water... You can do whatever you want to do in your life.. These religious books are like a life manual.. If you don't accept some part of it doesn't mean that you have the right to change it and call it modern Islam.. If you believe something different than Islam and really feel like coming up with a new religion then go for it.. Why you have to be tied to Islam...
Oronnya, sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying if there is even a tiny bit of Islam that you don't see yourself agreeing with - you should stop being a Muslim?

Hmmm ... Are you a Muslim? Do you consider every single line in the Quran to be infallible and therefore explicitly agree? What about this verse:
Quote:
"Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand."
- 4:34

Do you agree that it is allowed for a husband to beat his wife when she is disobedient? Is this a practice you would adopt? Why or why not?

Ajfar,

Have you been to Umrah or Hajj? Aren't there women praying around men there? Did you get distracted by their butts? Also, many other religions who do NOT segregate the sexes during prayer services seem to be fine in their focus. I think just because we don't have precedence we are intimidated by it.