View Single Post
Old September 13, 2013, 07:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
While I understand that we must have the capability to beat the rest of the five teams, I still don't get why we will have to play the qualifiers of a tournament being staged in Bangladesh. I mean, seriously, does losing against a team or two in the qualifiers really imply that we will not be able to beat any of the G8 teams or to put it in a better way, do better than a few of the G8 teams?

What part of 'HOST' doesn't the ICC understand? I already feel as if we don't have the Test status. We are an associate Nation.

Whatever others may say here, this is clear injustice and a direct hit at our reputation. Would Australia be playing the qualifiers if they were ranked 9 now? (Which they were, just a year back)
well said. If for say India were hosting the tournament and Bangladesh were made to enter the qualifiers then I would have no complains. But why is it that ourselves being hosts are made to play the qualifiers.

Although we are expected to win the qualifiers, there is every chance that we have a bad day and cannot top our group where there are 4 teams, among which only the group champs will be selected. If Bangladesh do not play in the main round then I am pretty sure that the crowd will lose interest in the entire tournament, not just because Bangladesh isnt play but rather that our team was made to play the qualifiers.

ICC is indeed treating us like an associate nation. They give so few tours to us and now this. One does not need to be a genius to understand that stupid ICC is going to take the game down and absolutely destroy it. We will see oneday, that cricket is only played by Indians.