View Single Post
Old April 26, 2009, 10:37 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Having seen the replay many times I can't see how anyone can dispute that penalty. Carrick clearly steered the ball away BEFORE Gomez got there. Gomez touched Carrick first. Don't believe it? Watch this carefully- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JORPeAJJHdw

May be United was fortunate with the penalty. That does not justify a premier league side to "give up" when they still have a lead, which is the real disgusting thing here.

4 shots of goal in 90 mins against United's 12 says it all. United were always likely to score and they scored not one, not two, but FOUR goals. No amount of injustice done by a penalty can erase this fact. The ref may have made a poor decision but nobody talks about the blatant penalty denied by Mike Riley in the FA cup semi-final.

As for PFA nominations, I'm pretty sure those were done around February when United were top form, including players like Vidic, who fully deserves to be in the list for his role in United's record defensive run. I'd personally like Ryan Giggs to win it who has been brilliant in the few games that he's played this season. It boggles my mind how he hasn't won this award once in his glorious 18 year career.

However, it is very much likely it's Stevie-ME who will benefit the most due to split votes between Vidic and Giggs.