Thread: Boxing
View Single Post
Old March 6, 2013, 04:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I would take Froch and Garcia out and replace them with two Cubans. Rigondeaux and Lara. I know P4P lists have to consider actual achievements and both the Cubans I've mentioned are still a bit green, but that's only because most Cubans come into pro boxing late in their careers. You have to do a bit of guessing for fighters with not that many fights under their belt to see how they would rank in the future. Lara(unbeaten in my opinion,both the draws were a farce) and Rigo impress in every single fight.

But even after all that I'm shocked you included Garcia. Matthyse would be more appropriate.
P4P list has to be based on fights they have fought (resume), firstly Lara has fought no one of note to be ranked ahead of Froch who has fought, Pascal, Bute, Ward, Kessler, Dirrel, Abraham, Taylor, johnson - no way can the cubans match that - combined, never mind alone.

Garcia is one you could argue with, but he has beaten Amir Khan, 2 time world champion, unified champion, Garcia is current champ at 140 bar none, I think Lucas and Khan (in rematch) beat danny, but on resume alone he has to be there, not easy being the man at such a competitive division.

Lucas is good, but he hasn't beaten anybody of note, okay i had him winning by a point vs devon and judah, but he aint supposed to be taken to a decision vs judah, khan dealt with zab in 5. Lucas's best win is ajose, a guy who is only boderline top 10 at 140.

P4P list = the elite list, sure danny, might not be there, but if khan would have beaten danny i would have had him above garcia at number 10, Garcia may not be elite, but he has an elite win over Khan, which Lucas, Rigo and Lara don't have.

Rigo has the chance vs Nonito, but he will lose decision if his chin holds up.