View Single Post
Old September 18, 2007, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
For me, it was not Nazimuddin but Mashrafe Murtaza. He has forgot how to bowl since the game against India at Trinidad. Insipid, at best.

I saw him bat in Dhaka against India. He was playing straight and correct. He stood tall and hit the ball hard.

The commentators were actually kind to him today. What they did not say was that he was petrified of being hit on the toe by Malinga. Some of the balls he backed away from were outside the off stump which he could have had a real go at. As he played in the same way in the previous game, I take it they do not discuss these deficiencies in the post match deliberations.

To a lesser extent the same criticism can be levelled against almost all of them except , perhaps, Aftab. When an orthodox shot is available they tend to go for a cheeky one. The biggest culprit being the captain himself. The very first ball he faced, he went for his signature paddle sweep. THE VERY FIRST BALL !! What is wrong with his brain !!

In fact, today was Bangladesh's best bowling performance and by a long margin the worst batting performance.

Only, Aftab [ yes, I will not blame him for this ], Rasel, Riyad and Razzak come out of this favourably. The rest were bad to pathetic.

Nazimuddin, Mashrafe = Pathetic. Mashrafe's batting was almost comical. His bowling simply lacks zest. He looks almost tired.

Ashraful: yet again disappointing. As usual, poor shot selection.

Tamim , his limitations for all to see.

Mushfiq , I repeat I want him in the test side as a batsman only. May have cost us 20 runs which , who knows, could have been important.

Nadif: terrible fielding.

Sakib = average game

Agree with you bro....MASH Lost his balls thats why he is the worst of all. Just look at the way he played last two game...WHAT A JOKE! Every one at the game was laughing the way he was moving far from the bat and trying to hit the ball...moron