View Single Post
Old February 26, 2012, 10:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
Surely Arafat Sunny,Sajib, Anamul and Mominul has impressed but I think the question here is whose services will help the national team more right now and the contenders for that has to be Ziur Rahman or Milon, both at the 6-7 place where we need a power hitter and Enamul Haque Jnr. I would wait on sunny a little more specially because our team has bountiful of spinners. Razzak even though has not been so terrible as I thought he would be before the tournament start, but his constant bowl down the leg side is painful to watch at this level. He would do this atleast once in every over. It gives me the idea that he is loosing control over his bowling day by day and that is one of the worst setback for a spinner. We have better spinners than him at the moment at our disposal namely elias sunny and enam.
On the other side, there were few dissapointments too. Jahurul Shuvagoto mithun not just failed in terms of playing upto their potential but exposed lack of maturity playing in big level games.
We didnt find a solid player who could be a solid batsmen for us which was what we desperately need. We are finding endless amount of spinners. We didnt find a strike pace bowler as well.

Oh well we need to be patient. I thought about this but Bangladesh could create a different type of game that could bring alot of good international players into. (superstars like Michael Clarke, Mitchell Johnson, Eoin Morgan etc)

We could make a game that involves each team batting 2 inninngs of 20 overs each. Sort of a Test t20. If we start something new maybe we have more innings to develop players.

This also gives a chance of players getting more exposure and get to play more innings. Imagine players like Siddique opening the batting with Michael Clarke or Sangakarra or Dilshan?

We also need to cut the number of international players in each team from five to four. Too many international players in a team meant less exposure to Bangladeshi batsmen.

All in all BPL has been successful but we didnt even find one solid batsmen or one good seamer. We need to find a Michael Clarke of Bangladesh and a Dale Steyn of Bangladesh.