View Single Post
Old November 14, 2007, 10:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
akabir7

Never mind. You didn't understand what I tried to say. No chance of playing five days with the current players. Thats the reality. Have you seen some of the scores of the NCL? 200 all out is pretty much the standard, whether the team is full of attacking batsmen or made up off grafters. Actually at this point in time, our test batting is worse than say two years ago with the decline of Bashar ( never grafted that guy, but scored at no3, something any team must have to counter attack the opposition ), Pilot, JO and Rafiq. Since, its a rebuilding period, and I anticipate the team to be very young, results don't really matter. I will back naturally talented attacking batsmen in every position with the hope they will learn at the job to quote from Sohel. In the process, maybe they will learn to play long innings...
I agree with you that it won't matter who is playing most probably the game will be over in 3 days. But my concern is if we try to put natural stroke player (if they were like half what bashar was then i wouldn't object) in all 6 position then we might break some records and mind you not the good ones (this is also a probability but a high one).
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled