View Single Post
Old November 14, 2007, 03:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Sohel Bhai

Very entertining reading. i was giggling all the time. You could write for Crucufino.

Anyhow, I wholeheartedly agree with the following statements. This match ending seems to have been a poor show by Dhaka, it also showed up in their defeat against Chittagong in their 1 day innings. Luckily the little tiger cub Tamim was not playing.

Quote:
"You got be aggressive for success at any level of cricket. But at the same time you need to be sensible. You got to be able to jump on the bad balls, make the ball percentages of the danger areas very small and make the bowlers worry about where you would go to hit them. But you also got to leave a lot of balls alone in Test cricket if you want to get success. I think Bangladeshi batsmen need to learn how to blend that perfectly. They should hit the bad balls for fours. There is no point to bat for two hours and score only 20 but if the opposition bowled two very good hours then someday you have to be satisfied with 20 and remain not out. That is my challenge, to educate the batsmen when to go and when not to go."

- Jamie Siddons

I am also reposting what Gowza said in another thread, something that made a lot of sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
pretty much spot on, hit the bad balls to the boundary, leave the dangerous ones and get singles, 2's and 3's from the rest. but to be able to do that and to decide what to do with each ball the batsman needs to be in full concentration every ball otherwise they'll miss opportunities to hit boundaries and they'll also miss judge balls that are dangerous as less dangerous and attempt something they shouldn't attempt with that particular ball.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It all makes sense, dont know if our free spirited and reckless batsmen will ever understand, but I am sure that Jamie Siddons will drum it into their heads.