Thread: Wake up call!
View Single Post
Old September 28, 2016, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Great post, it is indeed a wakeup call.

I just don't understand the reason behind ousting players for their discipline or lack of it. The best teams in the world had its good share of players with poor discipline. Virat Kohi himself wasn't the most disciplined player in the world I would assume. Andrew symonds and few others would hit the bar the night before a big match.

The difference between those teams and us? Because we made discipline and important factor in selection and not merit. How can someone with an average of 25 be ousted from the team, and that too with good domestic performances recently, to accomodate for mediocrity that is Shafiul and Rubel(in our pitches).

Our batting too is quite shocking. There is no excuse for the collective failure of our batsman. They have played domestic cricket atleast 2 months back in Bangladesh. Afghanistan didn't play in mirpur for 2 years! I also disliked the way the batting position constantly changes. Sabbir should be at 7 where he usually bats for us, Mosaddek in his usual position - 6, Riad at 4. Unfortunately for us, we have no other choice but to push Mushfiqur to no. 3 and I don't think he is too bad to bat at no.3