View Single Post
Old October 10, 2006, 09:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by istiak
Dear Tiger eye,

I am not very sure about your estimate of WI bowlers. Personally i see them as a good and upcoming banch of pacers. Currently WI is the only team after Eng who got two real FAST bowler in the squad. Both JE Taylor and FH Edwards are bowling really good recently and our batsmen should be carefull abt their pace. Moreover, they got Ian Bradshaw who is currently ranked 6th in ODIs bowlers ranking. So any thought of a poor WI bowling could be dengarous.

On another point, this is almost the first time i ever hard that dew (or moisture) can speed up the ball. During night grass become soggy and wet and so do the ball but the pitch remain dry and so why the ball shoot? Generally the ball become slipary and most of the time bowlers find it difficult to grip it properly. If a ball shoot then its most likely cause is the situation of the pitch....not because of dew.
I watched both the matches and on the screen they were showing the speed. No matter how fast Taylor and Edwards they weren't faster than Malinga nor Fernando. Unless they were holding back but that theory can't hold because they were wayward too.

Gripping is an issue, however, when the ball hits the heck because of the accumulated moisure in the pitch it skids. Just like a soccer ball hitting the water and skiding. Hard to judge the ball. Time and again our batsmen were beat because they could not judge the speed of the ball.