Thread: Financial News
View Single Post
Old February 19, 2014, 08:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

yeah well FB didn't value it based on revenues obviously... they ultimately want everyone on earth using a mobile device to communicate with each other through an integrated facebook app. I am sure there is a plan to eventually integrate all this at some point.... Whether you text, send video, send picture, post comment, send voice mail.. it wants all to be done via a communication app that is fb...

It is a smart buy for a company like fb but extremely poor valuation i think. You can't go wrong with the numbers..... 450 million active users.....with +million daily. thats simple domination. The challenge for fb is how they gonna integrate all these and keep everything free and make money...like doing all your shopping via the app too.

whatapp would have made a lot of money on its own but i don't think it would have ever done this much... they already promised there will never be advertising... their whole model is restrictive.... that's why it was a poor valuation by fb... they are a limited earnings company with their current model...and would have never made it with this much valuation on their own....so you are right ajfar on your post regarding whatsapp on their own.. but with FB that company got new wings..... hence the such an extremely high valuation... however zuckerberg folded like a b* unfortunately...