View Single Post
Old July 2, 2012, 04:45 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Yeah and England will be under pressure against SA to show that they really belong to no 1 in Test; if they lose, everyone outside England will jump all over to say how hyped they are esp when all English ex cricketers are all praising this English side as one of the best. On the other hand, SA will be relatively free of such pressure and they have the attack to rattle England top order with Steyn, Morne Morkel, Philander, Imran Tahir and Kallis to cheap in.
Yeah... it's a difficult one to choose a winner out of these two sides. England certainly has the edge in spin bowling with Swan and also with their late order batting (Prior, Swann, Broad, Bresnan). I haven't seen much of Imran Tahir and if he is not on the money from the get go then he could very well suffer the fate of Narine against the England top order.

South Africa's pace reserves is also a worry in my opinion. While England could switch any of their pacer attack with a quality pacer... I don't think SA has the same level of quality beyond Steyn, Morkel and Philander. It will be interesting to see how Philander does on this tour because He record in terms of wickets, strike rate and average so far is simply astonishing. He could very well tilt things in SA's favor.