View Single Post
Old September 29, 2018, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
The physio needs to be fired. What kind of idiot is that guy. He should have sent Shakib out of the squad to get treatment
I agree I think the physio's role here needs to be re-evaluated. I do not think the delay in his surgery was the problem. If similar injury happened to a non athlete they probably wouldn't do surgery to begin with and just live with it if it doesn't interfere with their regular activities. I think the problem was that physio didn't think the possibility of an infection (which i think happened fairly recently) and perhaps thought his pain was part of his previous injury and not a new sign. I am just a bit surprised (if it was intentional or not) that he flew to dhaka and then went to hospital instead of going to a hospital in Dubai which again suggest a fail by the physio as it would be emergent. I think it should have been pretty obvious the extent of infection that they are describing streaking all the way up to his wrist and that they extracted pus. I don't think it spread during his 4 hours flight in the plane.

It sucks that it is in his bowling hand. I hope he recovers well and then when it is time he can undergo that elective surgery. Some of the surgeons servicing Bangladesh cricket have done some good job specially on Mashrafee. Shakib has the whole world's prayer that he comes back to international scene fully fit.