View Single Post
Old March 20, 2013, 01:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Jahurul - B 83 out of 100
His grit is something we can definitely use in test matches. He is not too bad, inshaAllah if he plays more test matches he should, at least theoretically get better with time and more international experience. I would like to see what he has to offer in near future. With experience, we are hoping he will resolve his technical issues.

Ashraful - B+ 87.5 out of 100
Barring that almost Double Hundred and Great First Test Batting, Second test he did ok but the runout really changed the fate of the match.

Mominul Haque - A 93 out of 100
subhanAllah! great find for Bangladesh. For a debut series, I will go easy on him, Give him an A since almost all of his dismissals were out because umpire gave him out. Missed out on an A+ for not converting any one of his great starts into a century, which would have greatly helped our cause in the second test.

Mushfiqur Rahim A+ 98 out of 100
What more can we ask for? He simply did his best that he could offer both as captain and as Batsmen. Sometimes things just don't go in your way...sometimes they do. This man just keeps at it If he stayed for longer in the second innings of second test and scored a century, I would have given him the super-rare A++

Riyad - D- 61.3 out of 100
F for batting and C- for Bowling leaves him with a D-

Nasir Hossain - B+ 89.1 out of 100
We really needed his services in the second innings of the second test where he decided not to show up... otherwise another great series for him.

Abul Hasan - B- 80.7 out of 100
impressed with the way he bowled and batted. I reckon he should get better with more experience. he does lose concentration at times, but it is common for a youngster like him from Bangladesh.

Shohag Gazi -A- 91.4 out of 100
When you consider he had to do a bulk of the bowling in both tests, Even though he didn't get as much success as he or us expectant fans would have liked, he did bowl very intelligently and his effort and dedication deserves at least an A-. I am pretty sure he himself would love to improve on this performance.

Overall, Barring Riyad a satisfactory Series for Bangladesh and most of the players.

Bangladesh: Overall Grade: B 85 out of 100 simply because they exceeded many people's expectations! of course, given the history, and Overseas tour, Playing in Sri Lanka against Umpires, tough Outfield is always a challenge... given all the circumstances they should not be too disappointed. Bottom line, we were 100 runs short in first innings and another 100 runs short in the second innings.