View Single Post
Old March 18, 2013, 07:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
You just displayed our selectors' mentality. Pick the squad on potential rather than actual performance.
Yes you are 100% right... I agree with the selectors here with a twist here. While you and some fans see no results, I see indications of progress in these young FBs. And that's enough for me to trust on these players and trust on the selectors in this aspect.

Regardless how much we like to ridicule our selectors and coach, I trust more on them about potential evaluation than the fans here.... no offense to the fans here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox

Even if Nazmul does not take wickets at the very least he will not leak runs which will allow the other bowlers to attack. If he can give us 15 overs of economical bowling it gives Shakib/Gazi some respite from bowling those protracted spells.
If that is your goal in TEST, then you may make a case. But if that's not what you expect from your FBs in TEST team moving forward, then Nazmul has not much to provide in test team beyond stop gap solution. Moving forward, my expectation from our FBs are much more than just a conainting bowler role.

Now if you are looking for a containing bowler in ODI, that's a different case. We are not talking about ODI, right?

Even in ODI, if you are the containing bowler,you need to make up with your batting which he doesn't...that's why he may not be a permanent ODI solution also... he will always stay as a reserve or a 3rd option.

Also based on his injury history, I doubt how long he will be available if he plays TEST.