View Single Post
Old February 6, 2013, 11:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
I don't mind Shakib missing the Zimbabwe tour but just let him play in the Sri Lanka tour then he can have his operation though really I'm disappointed he didn't have that operation during the West Indies ODI series. Also it would be great if Bangladesh can arrange ODIs against Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands and Afghanistan during the ICC Trophy since we won't be playing Cricket. Shakib should stop playing BPL and just take it easy till the tour.

This should be the Test, ODI and T20 team for Sri Lanka -

Test - Tamim, Anamul, Naeem, Shahriar, Shakib, Mahmudullah, Nasir, Rahim, Gazi, Rubel and Abul reserves...Shafiul, Nazmul, Sunny, Marshall and Kapali.

ODI - Tamim, Anamul, Shahriar, Shakib, Nasir, Rahim, Mahmudullah, Gazi, Mortaza, Rubel and Shafiul reserves...Nazmul, Shamsur, Milon, Sunny and Jahurul.

T20 - Tamim, Shamsur, Anamul, Nasir, Rahim, Milon, Sabbir, Mashrafe, Gazi, Sunny and Shafiul reserves...Rubel, Mahmudullah, Naeem, Jahurul and Ashraful.

Also I do not understand why some Bangladesh fans are so negative and say we will lose and all that, we are playing Sri Lanka not South Africa or Australia. I checked the stats of the Sri Lanka players and if you exclude the experience trio of theirs, the other players are not much different from ours. Malinga won't be playing tests and their fast bowlers averages are the worst in terms of the top 8. Its their batting which looks dangerous and may get them through but I won't be surprised if Bangladesh wins the Test and ODI series.
It's good to see you being positive about this tour but it seems your also downplaying SL's abilities. This is a very good team and we saw this on display against Australia where they won 2 ODIs and 2 T20's. Look at the WI struggling now with Australia. SL is a stronger, more consistent team compared to the WI and on top of that we're playing them away from home.

If we want to to beat SL, we're going to need to play really good cricket. All 3 departments need to click. I'm confident we'll perform we'll against SL but it'll be a hard task for sure.