View Single Post
Old February 10, 2010, 01:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillul
''I don’t have very good knowledge about architecture or in related issues, but my general understanding is that buildings can be built without having a ground floor, leaving the space for car parking. So, if similar architectural mechanism can be applied in BD, why do we have to worry about flood water?''

Thank you for your reply,

Yes brother you have a good point, unfortunately the people who are mostly suffering from such flood conditions are no doubt in most occasions the poor, and yes it is definately possible to build higher on columns, but it comes down towards money in the end....which most probably may be the simplest solution to the problem.

Maybe I should think about re-structuring and including/identifying ways in which cheap housing can be produced through local materials etc...
there si no problem theoritically per say. but to go up your foundation so go very deep which
1. is very very costly
2. if flood water stays it would decrease the strenth of the foundation else you would see evey one is building homes on top of rivers...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled