View Single Post
Old January 21, 2010, 07:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Russell, one of the things you have to take into consideration and think very clearly that Mashrafee is not a batsman. Mash is not quite an all-rounder either, he is genuine bowler who can bat a bit and sometimes, soemtimes he can stretch an innings and save us, but you can not rely on Mash to hold an innings down with a bat most of the time. Also let's look at Mash's first calss batting record, I don't know, but does he have any century in the local league yet, I don't know.

But I see Russell what you are thinking and yes, Mash is a treasure for us when he comes back all healed and healthy. But I will also have to agree with Eshen bhai here and if it was upto me I would be very worried replacing one of our other test bowlers with Mash, especially when he is having a lot serious knee problem, but for our one day and 20/20 unit, a healthy Mash is a 2 thumbs up!