View Single Post
Old May 3, 2007, 12:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
Would love to understand the market and other aspects of buying and selling shares or bonds whatever it is called.....Any links wud be welcome Fazal bhai....Pls bear in mind I dont have a clue what this stuff is about...All I understand is u buy it when its cheap and sell it off when the price goes up....Wud u pls explain how to do that online and start earning money? Thanks in advance Fazal bhai..
If you are not already in stock market, I hope this thread will not encourage you to jump into prematurely. In 2002s one of my friend bought a stock based on our discussion about a particular stock that I bought. And eventually both our portfolio became bare naked as that stock nose dived. Luckily for me I bought with real money, but for him it was with options. He was forced to sell other stocks to make up the money.

So the bottom line, don't take these web threads and comments seriously and NEVER I repeat NEVER buy stocks based on suggestion from WEB only. Do your own research and do it when you feel comfortable. Also be ready for worst possible case i.e. loose most of the money that you are investing.

Still if you are intertested. Start reading financial section of newspaper, financial magazine, watch fiancial TV channels, read reputable financial websites and finally start playing in "Virtual Stock Exchange" with "Virtual Money" for atleast 6 months before jumping into real stock exchange. website-reviews.suite101.com/article.cfm/virtual_stock_exchange is just one of the example where you can play with virtual money. There are plenty of them available.

As for myself, my stock broker is TD Amritrade.

btw. I am in no way an expert in stock exchange and not a very successful one (also). There may be some others who may give you a better guidance.