View Single Post
Old January 13, 2018, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^ It's very evident from your posts that you don't understand much of cricket other than stats, and can't make an argument other than using vague terms like bad form/patch.

Let me try to help you understand the situation one more time. Yes, Tamim and Shakib both came in the national team with plenty of technical flaws (Mushfiq's issue was prolly more mental). However, both had strong mental resolve to overcome their shortcomings. Both were also very lucky to have a good technical coach like Siddons. They also reach out their mentor Salahuddin from time to time whenever they struggle with their basics.

Now the same solution not going to work with Soumya as he skipped over the whole development process, and did not have a good batting coach in the national team to help him during his formative years either. His faults are badly exposed at this point, he will even struggle in DPL if nothing changes. If I were him, I would transfer to Gazi Group to work with coach Salahuddin. Otherwise, HP coach Simon Helmot is his next best bet. If he can't overcome his shortcomings, there is no point lingering on to him hoping for miracle.
And doing well in that crappy tournament (s) will mean he has overcome his technical deficiencies or whatever you infer to? Haven't we been here before? exceptional form in domestic = can't do anything in internationals? Talking about mental resolve.. where were those from Tamim/Shakib/Mushfiqur/seniors when we lost to New Zealand and South Africa away from home?

Nasir/Imrul was prime example of picking players based on form for the South Africa series.
What did they do in South Africa?

The game of cricket is bigger than just looking at domestic performance..(especially our domestic leagues).

Hathura is a smart coach. Absolute genius.
He stuck by Soumya and Sabbir for a reason, and would have done so if he was still in charge.
I'm pretty sure he (hathura) would understand cricket than most of us fans..