View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 01:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
See. I only accused you for this particular instance. I have seen you here for a long time and know that when he doesn't perform, you'll be here to show your anger and vent your frustration but I don't agree with your view regarding yesterday's last over performance.
Which part don't you agree with? That he deserves more fair criticism not incessant whining? Read my posts first then respond, that might help.

Quote:
And, I'm not bringing Afridi. I just gave an example. Clearly, that guy couldn't handle both batting and bowling and focused on bowling.
And he sucked at both, except in the odd occasions vs G8. Afridi was always a slogger - you might draw parallels with Zia for instance. Not Shak - whose batting and bowling is vital to your team. Pakistan have far better batsman so that they can afford to have bits and pieces player who can turn the match around/slog runs.

Quote:
And I'd like to point out one more thing, you on the other hand are comparing Shakib to Watson and Kallis.
I am not drawing direct comparisons, but rather the workload of players who play similar kind of roles in their respective teams. They're all not bits and pieces players like Afridi. So I'm snipping out your strawman of me comparing their ability here.

Quote:
Is it not because of bowling 10 overs in an ODI and nearly 50 overs a match getting wickets and coming on to bat at 4/5 and getting runs that got him the no.1 all rounder spot? So why are you complaining?
Jesus christ, why would you even bring in ODIs? We're discussing tests. Yes, 50 overs is MASSIVE workload for any bowler, let alone allrounder. If you disagree with this goddamn obvious fact, then lets end it here.

Quote:
It's just that their respective teams don't depend on their bowling.
Bingo. And they have less pressure as batsmen too, relatively speaking.

Quote:
So why can't Shakib be unique and bowl 50 overs get 4/5 wickets and come out to bat to save our a**es? Because that is what got him recognition. And he is happy to to do that. He doesn't cry about it.
Awful reasoning. Shakib toils and come out as winner many times - that takes extraordinary effort. What you're doing here now is bashing - not criticizing, which I am fine with, but bashing him for not being extraordinary considering the circumstances (injury, overwork, etc.). Clear?