View Single Post
Old January 12, 2010, 10:22 AM
Banned

Yes I agree that there is definitely a need for decent pace department but I do not believe that by sending a few pace bowlers in Australia, we will resolve this for the long term. We need to identify what is going wrong. Talha, Shahadat, Rasel, Rubel et al have shown promising ability but could not materialise it. My observation is that it is not their actual physical or cricketing inability but rather an inability to use their brain. For example, inability to deliver correct ball where situation demands, inability to learn new deliveries, correct own weaknesses, find weaknesses of opposition and bowl accordingly etc. This ability comes along with personal development and education from childhood; there is no short term fix. So BCB should consider whether the potential talent have the ability to use their brain beside their cricketing skills. Alternatively, they can introduce a short /medium term educational course focusing on sport science in state run cricket academy. These problems will not be fixed by sending players abroad or hiring foreign coaches alone; our problems are unique and derived from our socio-economical status.