View Single Post
Old May 22, 2009, 08:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Well, ye that is a possbible case, but I can't see how that opposes my views.
there are a lot of things you don't see. If you did, I wouldn't be in this thread talking to you now. I will re-quote you:

Quote:
1. Islam only allows polygyny, but not polyandry, and that also under strictest of rulings. 2. And medically speaking, polygyny promotes no risk of STDs
Your statement implies that since "medically speaking" (yes you are the voice of medicine) - polygyny promotes no risk of STDs - Islam is right in allowing polygyny. You also mentioned Islam do not allow polyandry. And since you haven't mentioned anything medically relevant to it, you inferred that polyandry somehow increases risk of STDs and hence Islam is right in banning it. If you didn't infer that, then there was no need for you to write statement 2.

In short, Islam's stance on polygyny (allowing it) and polyandry (not allowing it) really has no relevance medically eventhough you tried to establish one. Is that clear?

what makes it worse for you is that this was your reply to gopal's assertion that by allowing polygyny Islam promotes STDs... your defence of Islam is that "it doesn't allow polyandry" as if polyandry promotes STDs. I am just repeating myself now - so you can see the falacies of your argument.

I don't think you can come up with any reply to my post now to make me write more. SO good bye.