View Single Post
Old May 9, 2012, 01:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
In sporting parlance there is a term called "gamer". It's essentially someone who doesn't seem to take practice seriously but on game-day is switched ON. Ian Botham is famous example of that. The guy boozed, partied hard, showed up for practices with wicked hangovers and would still put in world class performances. Perhaps our Shakib is one such gamer - however, since he has NOT showed that kind of single-handed dominance of a Botham, he is better served trying out what the rest of the world does - i.e practice till the cows come home.
the great aussie allrounder keith miller did similar things. or so i've read. one thing that i read about miller is that he turned up to a test match with a huge hangover and got 7 wickets before lunch.

anyway there is a point to this thread, the reason this thread was started was to discuss the influence shakib has on the team due to his non-desire to train. YES, surely that does impact the younger players and other players in the team, however any youngster who really wants it will keep his focus and train regardless of what the senior players are doing. in saying that no doubt a few will be impacted negatively by something like this.