Thread: Space Thread
View Single Post
Old April 15, 2010, 10:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
I recently watched the "Wonders of the solar system" produced by BBC with professor Brian Cox. The production is truly spectacular. I would encourage all the kids and grown ups to watch it(I will gladly provide the link to you in HD format if required; torrentless). I love watching space documentaries. Ask me about any space documentary and the chances are that I have already watched it more than once.

Couple of new expeditions that I am eagerly waiting for are the New Horizon and the Europa Jupiter System Mission(NASA/ESA). Last I remember New Horizon was supposed to make it to flyby Pluto by the year 2015, while the EJSM was supposed to launch by the year 2020. I am actually looking much forward to the Europa mission because of the possible liquid ocean underneath the ice sheet.
Did you watch "journey to the edge of the universe" ? Its quite cool.

They basically summarize the whole thing in a a 2 hour documentary. Talks about everything from black holes, to different stars to our solar system. It was made and shown on discovery.

And space always fascinates me Cause its the only thing humans have the least idea about. In space "the more we see, the less we know" cause most of the things we see are totally new, thats why space is soo cool

Great thread btw.