View Single Post
Old November 6, 2013, 11:07 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
I am appalled with some of the users commending the team for their hard fought defeat. We have lost 7 out of the last 8 T20 matches and with the World Cup looming and the whole world watching we need to be seriously alarmed. I don't know what the exact causes are but one thing is for sure. We seriously need to pick a team that is capable of scoring runs and scoring them at a fast pace. We need to evaluate how come players like Mominul eventhough are highly talented and desesrve a place in Tests and tested in ODIs but not at all suitable for T20 are selected. How players like Shabbir Rahman are left out of the squad. We need to establish roles, have a solid yet fiery middle order and having Naeem and Mahmudullah two of the most similar types of players in Bangladesh will not help in variety and providing fire power for a quick flurry.

We need to seriously look at how to do well in this system, there can be no excuses. We are ranked way way below, I don't even want to mention it here, but first step is to select the best team and establish a clear goal with defined roles something that is clearly lacking in the current team. With Shakib and Tamim back I really hope we pull things back, and those who are thinking it's ok to lose this match because they are not around go back to the top of the thread and then go to the ICC T20 ranking page. It is not ok!
Couldn't agree more! But BCB doesn't have the ball to give youngsters a chance in t20, specially who showed promise in bpl. They will rather stick with Nayeem/Riyad few other who has been proven failure in this format. A gd player in test/ODI Shouldn't buy a spot in T20 unless they PERFORM. Amla is an great example...

T20 should not be considered from ODI/Test form. We will continue to suck if we pick players based on their Test/ODI form in the future and lose to Qatar in the WC qualifier.