View Single Post
Old August 19, 2006, 10:46 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cricket
And speaking of Rahim - he is still very young, and must be gradually eased into first the ODI, then Test sides. So in that regards, I do agree that the only way for this to happen is for him to play games. But we must use him sparingly, especially at this age, and considering that he is a Wicketkeeper, a potential future Bangladesh Captain, and that his best days are no doubt still in front of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cricket
What I'm saying is, sure, experiment with Rahim, give him match practice, but, do it at the right times. And don't, under any circumstances, and at this stage of his career, throw him directly into the deep end (we missed the boat in not using him more regularly during the 'Safari tour'). Use him sparingly. Don't be too critical. After all, his best days are ahead of him, and he stands to gain more if he is eased into the side, rather than forced. Both physically and mentally.
Dear Mr. Cricket, I understand your point. If you have time, you can have a look at Tatenda Taibus career, he started his career at 18 years of age (younger than current Rahim) and he replaced Andy Flower, who is by any standard much bigger name than Pilot. I know there were some problem in Zim cricket in that time although all players except Andy played in his debut test.

Now, I want to make one thing clear, it is important for us to immediately replace Mashud in ODI's. Mashud is experienced and Rahim is young, these word really do not carry any value. Most of the players start their career at young ages and when anyone starts he will be definitely inexperienced and will gain experience with time. In tests, we have some inactive time, if Mushfiq proves in ODI's that he ia ready to take the button from Pilot, we should arrange a farewell party for Pilot which he deserves. Otherwise, we have to wait for few more tests before the final call.

Last edited by Miraz; August 19, 2006 at 10:57 AM..