View Single Post
Old November 11, 2012, 08:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....
Default Expectations from the new BCB president

Our Current president has very little time before the board president election takes. But I think he will win the election and continue his tenure. We have seen a lot of big promises from the previous president, Lotus Kamal; most of which didn't see the light. Hopefully the new president will do something which are necessary for our cricket to move forward,

What do we expect from him? Please share your thoughts.

I am pointing out my expectations.

• Decentralization of Cricket: Decentralization of cricket has been at the top of the list for ages. I hope Mr. Papon would establish a few localized cricket boards which would have the necessary funds. All these boards will have their own salaried coaches, grounds, ground staffs and salary system for the players. I know I am asking too much to be implemented now. But at least a good start needs to be there.
  • Bowling Academy: It's better if we can establish a national pace and a spin academy. If that's not possible right at the moment then we need to have at least a single academy for training all kinds of bowlers. The upcoming talents and the national team bowlers all can use this academy. I am sure big corporate names like the cell phone companies, the banks would be interested to sponsor this academy if approached properly by BCB.
  • A Proper Selection Policy: Right now there is no selection policy at all. The selection is done arbitrarily. This has to change.
  • Sporting Wickets: Sporting wickets has been the demand since ages. We need sporting wickets all over the country. It's better if we can deploy different kinds of wickets in different parts of the country. Some wickets to be bouncy and fast, some wickets to be slow and spin favored, some to be pure batting paradise. This would give our boys the chance to cope up with different conditions.