Thread: Boxing
View Single Post
Old December 12, 2010, 05:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
Amir Khan vs Marcos Maidana tonight.
I watched both fights, Ortiz was on the Undercard. I found nothing wrong with the Judges scoring it a draw, after the 10-7 3rd round for Ortiz, I scored the next 5 rounds for his opponent and gave Oritz the 10th.

Fight of the Year, talked about it in BC chat ... Maidana is dirty little fighter but he's definitely has the biggest heart in the 140lb division and he's the biggest puncher in that division as well.

On to the Khan/Maidana ... You can knockdown Maidana but you can't finish him, he showed alot of heart coming in and getting tagged by Khan's Blazing Hand Speed. Khan has the 2nd Fastest Hands in Boxing behind Manny, but once he caught Khan, Amir showed alot of heart taking those punches as well. The 3rd ,7th and 10th and 12th Rounds was alot of Drama for Amir, he was out on his feet but some how managed to stay up.

Fair Decision I had Amir winning by 2pts as well, When Amir was boxing, he was class above Marcos but i think he answered alot of questions about his jaw, it still his Major Weakness but the amount of punches he took proved that he doesn't have a glass Jaw and that he has a lot heart. He took a fight that alot of people said he shouldn't take and got past a very big Test

He's going to be a Major draw in the States, not because he's Pakistani/British and Muslim but because he's a top 5 talent in Professional Boxing.

Last edited by cricman; December 12, 2010 at 05:27 AM..