View Single Post
Old June 30, 2008, 09:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Siddon may not be doing everything right and some cases his actions is not well understood by the fans (including myself
), but I also see some indication that tells me I can still hope for something good to happen under the leadership of siidon.

If we want, we can pick and choose plenty of issues what Siddon did, said, ignored , etc.... but overall I see some sign of something different happening .... something completely different that I haven't see under other coaches... and the result so far is mixed...but I have a feeling something good to happen that will have permanent effect in the team... something we can build for future....

For example there are few things some fans complained (they have reason to complain)...

- Not knowing much about Rafiq's capabilities and publicly exposing his lack of knowledge about Rafiq's capabilities
- Publicly saying that we may not be good enough to win against best teams
- Publicly saying that a score of 220 should be the target and good enough score
- All those Team rules
- Ignoring Rasel
- Decline of bowling overall
- Decline of fielding overall
- Some decisions after winning the toss, etc.
- try to set expectation low enough and undermining past success so that he can claim success in future.
- Promoting some new players too early and dumping them too early
- His bald head

But here are some of the reasons why I see some hope and still why I want to stick with him a little longer

- I saw some changes in Aftab before his head injury and it was JS efffect. So far Aftab went back to old, but I thing in long term Aftab will change.. otherwise he will be not be in the team.
- Sticking with Ash and trying to transform him to make him something really special. Its too early, but I see some changes in Ash that I have never seen under any past coaches. I never thought Ash is changeable the way he is showing now a days.
- Sticking with players like farhad and mahmudullah and let them flourish
- I see effect of Siddon in Tamim
- I see Rakibul is developing nicely ...specailly in both form in the game.
- I see drastic improvement in Farhad's bowling
- I see overall development in Sakib
- We have to wait and see.... but looks like under JS ..Alok may have taken u-turn and going in the right direction.
- Even he Said 220 is the target, looks like the team is moving forward and targeting toward 250+.
- He is a young and first time young coach, so I would expect him to make mistake and learn and grow as a coach. I would rather invest on young promising coach than experienced mediocre coach.
- I see some hints he has a plan and sticking with it, and instead of trying to go for hit and miss home run, he is trying to remold and rebuild a foundation from where he plan to grow the team. I am willing to see further how he progress.
- He is coaching for us 1 year, and its not enough to make some fundamental change in the team. I would rather wait for 1 more year before evaluating him.
- We the fans don't know lots of things that happens day in day out... player's attitude, whether a player is a quick learner or not, their talent level, what politics are involved with players, executives, outside force, etc
- WE also don't know detailed game plan of Siddon, we just know bits and pieces from reports and his interview.

Therefore I am willing to wait and see mode.... I can understand why some fans criticize JS... but I am not ready to start asking for JS's head yet... actually I am seeing some hope in JS and the team as long as we stick with him 1+ years... but do we have the patient to do that?

We gain something special we need to go through some pain... are we will to do that?

We need to understand the meaning of the signals. Are those real or fluke? Can we identify the difference?

These are the real questions,,,