View Single Post
Old March 18, 2007, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
"17 tarikhe indiar kase dabrani khawar por mukh lukanor jayga thakbe na "

This is what I meant when I said not everybody was behind the BD team and yes although everyone is a fan here, but the team might not have gotten the kind of support it deserves based on their recent perfomances.
I agree that faith and belief should also be balanced with fact and reality but dont see how believing that BD could beat India was not a realistic expectation specially given our warm up performance.

Your quote was dated 15th march, news of Rana's death surfaced 16th March. I rest my case.
ok, so i may have made that comment before rana's death, and before thinking that it might affect the players. but what do you mean by "I rest my case"? what are you trying to prove here? kisher case?

the line that you've quoted in bold was a light one-off comment, made in sync with the light mood with which this thread was opened, and hence the use of a word like "dabrani". both you and i know that, and if you want to use it to prove that i wasn't backing bangladesh or didn't think it was realistic that bangladesh would beat india (which btw i did state was realistic in my other posts before the game), then i don't have much to say.

and look, i've been following cricket for 15 years now, and have supported bangladesh throughout. if i hadn't had belief in the team, i wouldn't have. so amake "not everyone was behind the team" marka ajaira kotha shunaite aishen na, please. thanks.