View Single Post
Old October 3, 2010, 04:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
a very shallow analysis of the matter, something that can be written in a weekend with a few newsweek and NYT articles as source. does not delve into the feudal structure which allows the senior military officers , industrialists, politicians and top bureaucrats to come only from the feudal landed gentry class.
to understand pakistan, you have to understand it's internal social structure and economics. looking at it from outside with western glasses is not going to help.
its actually one of the more intelligent attempts to explain the situation. this doesn't mean its the correct one. personally, i think pakistani society has degenerated beyond any "easy" solutions. there are too many problems top to bottom to fix anytime soon. i hardly think teh situation will get better anytime before the next 20-30 years.

however, i can't help but feel your sole objection to this analysis is that he hints at "solving" the Kashmir issue. apart from that, Gerges' analysis is actually spot on, one with hardly any flaw, if any at all.

#OneTeam1Dream