View Single Post
Old December 24, 2010, 02:43 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
National cricketer Mahmudullah was handed a one-match ban and Sakib al Hasan was fined Tk 10,000 for breaching the code of conduct during their respective Dhaka Premier League matches on Friday.
Abahani all-rounder Mahmudullah was suspended after his verbal exchange with Gazi Tanks fielder Sabbir Rahman, who also was handed a one-match ban by the match referee at Bogra.
Gazi Tanks skipper Naeem Islam and cricketer Nasir Hossain were fined Tk 5,000, and Tk 3,000 respectively for their involvement in the squabble. Naeem claimed Mahmudullah got serious when Sabbir and Nasir were having a friendly chat with him.
At the Bangladesh Krira Shikha Protishthan ground, home boy and Mohammedan captain Sakib could not control his frustration and clearly showed dissent to umpire’s decision when he was given caught behind.
He stayed for three minutes at the crease which prompted the match referee, Roquibul Hassan, to take punitive action against the most-recent national captain.
‘Sakib told me that he had got some previous decisions against him in the previous matches and thus could not control his frustration. However, this cannot be accepted as an excuse from a player of his stature,’ Roquibul told New Age.
‘I told team he is the captain of the side and a role model for many cricketers. He should lead by example. No one is bigger than the game. I had the option to fine him Tk 5,000. But since he is a top cricketer I doubled the fine,’ he said.
http://www.newagebd.com/2010/dec/25/spt.html