View Single Post
Old April 25, 2007, 09:59 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

We have to remember the fact that we're playing Test cricket after a whole year's break. So, whatever team we play, be it with or without aggressive players like Tamim and Aftab in the team, we're expected to get smashed in the 1st test at least.

The best choice in my opinion would be to use the confidence of the in-form players of the World Cup 2007, but lets not forget about Sharhiar Nafees and Rajin Saleh, who have got success and temperament both in Test cricket.

My pick would be to allow Javed Omar, Tamim Iqbal, Bashar, Saquib, Ashraful and Aftab to play in the 1st test, in addition, keep Shahriar Nafees and Rajin Saleh in the 15 member test squad just in case either of the above fail terribly in the 1st test.

We will also have to consider how we perform in the ODI series prior to the test series.

Tamim does not have the technique or the footwork to play Test cricket, but I'm pretty sure that we're not gonna make the Dhaka or the Chittagong pitch bouncy enough to not to allow Tamim to play in Tests. Besides, we need to see how good (or tough) our younger crop of players like Tamim and Saquib are playing at the Test level.

A good team to be able to beat a Test team like India, needs time to be prepared, and this time, we just don't have the time to prepare ourselves a good enough test team.