View Single Post
Old November 20, 2012, 06:29 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

here is the thing... I hope Mashrafe is back very soon. We are all worried about the fact that Mashrafe is not fit to play test and will get injured again due to extended overs. But guys, how many overs does our pacers bowl anyways in a test match? yea true on the last match first innings, our pacers bowled a lot but that doesnt happen very often at home. If Mashrafe can bowl 15 overs in a day, it should be more than enough. We just need a seamer to start the bowling and for a new ball after 80 overs. No need to take a second seamer here. Mashrafe can bowl tight enough on his overs and create early chances will also contributing well with the bat. And I would rather have a bowler with the figure, ( 10 overs- 25 runs- 0 wicket) rather than (17 overs 88 runs 1 wicket). We have enough allrounders like Riyad, Naeem, Nasir to bowl some extra overs if needed. With Sunny in, thats not even needed

Basically, i can look like this,

Tamim
Anamul/ Nazim/ Mominul
Shakib
Nasir
Mushy
Naeem
Riyad
Mashrafe
Gazi/ Enam
Sunny/ Enam
Rubel/Nazmul/Shafi/ any waste of space "pacer"

7 Solid batsmen followed by 3 bowlers (Mash, Gazi, Sunny) that can put together a total of 50 runs with slogging or taking it slow. Mash and Gazi definitely has the capability to score a quick 50 together while Sunny can hold on sometimes.